Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Go Team in Training! Let’s fight cancer.

I was super excited to receive an email from my LLS Team In Training Campaign Manager. Now, I have additional tools to fundraise and collaborate with fellow team members. This week, I wanted to share Yolanda’s story:


 
I started reading Marathon, The Ultimate Training Guide by Hal Higdon. Great book! Thank you Chrissy for recommending and lending to me!

Finishing a marathon changes your life forever (Higdon, 2011, p.14).
What They Learned While Training:
Kenny Baldo of Manalapen, New Jersey, learned that he was not Superman and if he did not listen to his body, he would break down: “Running could be my kryptonite or it could be my salvation” (Higdon, 2011, p.57).
Kristine Nader of Chicago learned about herself: “I can do more than I ever thought I could” (Higdon, 2011, p.57).
Week 3/29-4/5 of training.
I had to cut my  training short this week to set up a meetings with my event sponsors and request gifts for the raffle that I can’t wait to reveal! Please stay tuned and save the following dates: Friday, 5/8 and Friday, 6/26.

1st Run –  Old Town Alexandria Pacers Fun Run, 4 miles.

 
Weekend Run – Delaware - Easter Sunday, 5 miles. I saw horses… it was amazing and had a blast with Brandon’s family. Life is good.

 
  
 
Easter in DE!




 
Fundraising.

Click here to make a donation OR click the LLS Team in Training logo/donate now link in the right pane of this blog.

Please share my blog link with anyone you know that can fill a state on my map... $1 could fill a state. I am going to fill each state on the map below and update on my blog as I receive support, so my blog followers can see my progress.
 
Thanks for following/sharing my blog! I need all the support I can get for this wonderful cause to fight against cancer. Please feel free to comment! I enjoy receiving your comments and suggestions. Have a great week everyone!
References:
Higdon, H. (2011). Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide Advice, Plan, and Programs for Half and Full Marathons. (4th ed.). (pp. 1-294). New York, NY: Runner's World, Rodale Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment