Thursday, April 2, 2015

Draw a map, find a path, take a breath, and run.

The headline this week describes my goal set. I stumbled upon this quote on Pinterest... my map, my path for this cause, is my training and fundraising goals. My motivation lies with those that have cancer, battling cancer now, and beat cancer.

This quote relates to a personal path in life as well. Sometimes in life we just need to breathe and do the best we can. Life is a blessing, but no one will say it is easy. There will be bumps in the road and all you can do is learn by continuing to strengthen ourselves no matter what comes across our path. I love running for this cause.


This is the beginning of my journey and I am already learning so much.  There is a new series on PBS this week called Cancer: The Emperor of all Maladies based on the Pulitzer Prize winning book by Siddhartha Mukherjee to learn more about the research being done.  Here is a preview into this series:


Week 3/22-3/29 of training.
1st run – Shirlington Pacers Fun Run, 3 miles. FYI… Shirlington Run Club has a great happy hour menu for run club participants after the run at Shirlington Bungalow Billiards.

2nd Run – Old Town, Alexandria Pacers Fun Run, 4 miles. My neighbor and I rewarded ourselves with Red Rocks Pizza!
Weekend Run – Jones Point Park Run, 5 miles. Will be running this route again, it was so beautiful!
 
 


 



 
About halfway through our run, we came across a beautiful shelf unit that was free to anyone that picked it up on Prince St. Furniture score! Only cost Brandon a completed 5 mile run and heavy lifting. :)
Brandon: I think they are giving away that shelf. Do you like it/want it?
Me: Yes! Let’s run home quick and get the car.
Grabbed the car and we are both excited that the furniture is still there even though it is not obvious at first glance.

Brandon lifting the furniture as I am navigating from the back seat.

Brandon:  Lesson learned… not to point out furniture to Kimberly or I will be moving it. :)

Me: Our first piece of furniture together, it’s going with us everywhere.  You’re the best honey! Love you.
Brandon: Sigh haha… love you too.
We relaxed after words by enjoying House of Cards and homemade lamb chops, ribs, baked potato, and spinach dinner! Naturally, he handled the meat and I prepped the veggies. Good end to the week.

Fundraising progress:
I have the club room at my building reserved for Friday, 5/8 and have another event being planned for Friday, 6/26. I will reveal the events and sponsor with further details in the upcoming months. Please stay tuned!
Please share my blog link with anyone you know that can fill a state on my map... $1 could fill a state. I am going to fill each state on the map below and update on my blog as I receive support, so my blog followers can see my progress.

Click here to make a donation OR click the LLS Team in Training logo/donate now link in the right pane of this blog.

Thanks for following/sharing my blog and have a great week! Also feel free to comment with any questions or suggestions.

 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Kim! I'll support you and your goal anyway I can. I can't wait to cheer for you on the sidelines on marathon day! And treat you to the biggest brunch ever after :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! I will need all the support I can get. :) Glad you will be there. Haha and I am loving the biggest brunch ever idea. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome motivating article.I am practically satisfied with your great work.You put truly extremely supportive data. Keep it up. Continue blogging. Hoping to perusing your next post latest garmin map update

    ReplyDelete