Thursday, April 23, 2015

Run as if someone’s life depends on it.

For The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), now is the most momentous time in cancer research. LLS's mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Here is living proof that LLS is making someday, today:



Go Team In Training!

Training on a schedule has been helpful and I can feel my endurance getting stronger every day. This weekend was pretty exciting because I hit the over 9 mile point. So thankful that I’ve had Brandon and Pacer’s to train with. Makes training fun! Also, I was excited to recognize several runners on my weekend long run route with LLS Team In Training t-shirts. Brandon chuckled as I hollered “Go Team In Training” to a group of strangers, although I felt connected to them, as they ran by in the other direction. In mid-May, I will be meeting the rest of the team, but I have already met a team member by stopping by the office and through our group page that Liz, my campaign manager, created. I plan on joining the team in long runs and cross training in the future as my schedule allows.
It’s a wrap.
I ended the weekend taping an introductory video for my fundraising events with one of my best guy friends Mike and Brandon’s assistance. THANK YOU MIKE!!! YOU ROCK. That was an adventure haha. We went down by the waterfront in Old Town, Alexandria and the wind was just not cooperating, so we ended up taping in the courtyard. Mike: “ok you are putting me to sleep… peppy!” After we avoided the wind and got a good rhythm between Brandon running the script on the teleprompter and my pep haha… it was a wrap! Looking forwarded to sharing the video at my event.
Upcoming event.

I submitted my flyer to Meridian at Carlyle today to advertise my first fundraising event throughout the building. Click here to view a larger version.

 
Over $500 in raffle items include:
  • 6 piece wine glass set made in France
  • Two $25 gift cards Pacer’s
  • Two $25 gift cards Whole Food’s
  • Two $25 gift cards from Sweet Fire Donna’s
  • Brunch for 4 from Murphy’s Irish Pub
  • $75 gift card from Los Cuates
  • Two week unlimited classed from Pure Barre ($125 value)
My training week 4/13 - 4/19
1st Run – Eisenhower Avenue, 3 miles.


2nd Run  Old Town Alexandria Pacers Fun Run, 4 miles.

 
Weekend Run – Old Town Alexandria Pacers Long Run, 9.16 miles. Started at Roosevelt Island into Rosslyn and across the Key Bridge along the canal. We tried the Gatorade Gu's at mile 5 - salted watermelon and strawberry banana flavors. The strawberry banana was pretty good, a thick consistency and kept us going. A little different, but not bad. As Pacers recommended, I am going to continue to try different gu's until I find a favorite. :)





 
Fundraising.
Click here to make a donation OR click the LLS Team in Training logo/donate now link in the right pane of this blog. I need to fundraise at least $2000 to meet my goal.

Please share my blog link with anyone you know that can fill a state on my map... $1 could fill a state. I am going to fill each state on the map below and update on my blog as I receive support, so my blog followers can see my progress.



Thanks for following/sharing my blog! Please feel free to comment and have a great week. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment